Monday, October 22, 2007

NYC Taxi Drivers say they are going to strike

Monday, October 22nd, starting at 5:00am EST NYC taxi drivers plan on striking because of new GPS tracking systems being installed in their cars.

The Taxi Workers Alliance is also concerned about future use of the GPS tracking system to invade the privacy of taxi drivers. Ms. Desai said, “The city is more invested in the technology than they are in the hard working men and women who make this industry run.”

I don't really understand why the Taxi drivers have an expectation of privacy, considering they don't own their taxi and are technically working when driving it - that's like saying my boss can't ask me what I have been working on because its an invasion of my privacy!

Oh well!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I wish taxis still looked like this. I wish taxi drivers still wore newsboy caps and called you "mack."